random notes and chit chat from the insanity of our life

Peek into our life and see how crazy it can get with 6 kids, homeschooling, sewing, and now farming. We're in our first year on the land, and entertaining the world with what we don't know. By the grace of God, we're learning, day by day, so pull up a chair and laugh with us!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

sewing WIN!


Got out to the sewing studio yesterday!  spent an hour or so cleaning it up, putting fabric away and such, then moved on to sewing.  Megan had designed a shirt she wanted, so I made it, and it turned out exactly as she had wanted.
I took an old tee of hers, and cut it up as a pattern.  Turned the short sleeves into long sleeves, lengthened the body, and presto!  Exactly what she had seen in her head, it seems.
am going to try something new here and try to add pics.  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I so wish I would have learned to sew. I would love to learn now, but just don't know where to start, ya know? Good to see ya blogging, btw! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Becky. Going to try to be better about it this year...and how many times have I said that, lol...

    ReplyDelete