random notes and chit chat from the insanity of our life

Peek into our life and see how crazy it can get with 6 kids, homeschooling, sewing, and now farming. We're in our first year on the land, and entertaining the world with what we don't know. By the grace of God, we're learning, day by day, so pull up a chair and laugh with us!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A confession...

I have a confession to make.  My favorite time of day is...bedtime.
I know, I know.  Bedtime?  What an awful thing for a mom to say, right?  (joking).  But it is.  Not for the usual reasons, though.
I love bedtime, because I am a terrible mother, and I snuggle my children to sleep.  Not the older 2.  DD1 (15) and DD2 (almost 11) would not go for that anymore, being so "grown up".  My little 3, however, DD3 (7), DS1(5) and DS2(2) are my snuggle bunnies.
There is nothing like snuggling my darling children to sleep.  Whispering together about the day.  Discussing random questions that pop out of their mouths.  Hearing their sweet and silly prayers each night, learning what seems important to THEM each night.  Then holding them as they go limp, and looking at their sweet faces, asleep and relaxed and still for a few moments...
I remember, even at the end of the longest day, why I do this.  Why I stay home with them, homeschool them, put everything that I am into raising them, even on the days that it seems I am failing.  Because they are my greatest gifts, and I thank Him for them every night as I tuck them in and head to my own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment