random notes and chit chat from the insanity of our life

Peek into our life and see how crazy it can get with 6 kids, homeschooling, sewing, and now farming. We're in our first year on the land, and entertaining the world with what we don't know. By the grace of God, we're learning, day by day, so pull up a chair and laugh with us!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Blog! I found you!!

Oh, blog, I have missed you!  The last few weeks, I have been thinking of you, but I had a computer crash, and couldn't find you!  Aaaaaah, I am back.
So, quick updates on my life...
I am almost 13 weeks pregnant, and morning sickness is ALMOST gone finally.  However, it may take me months to dig out from the mess that happened while I was sick.  Ack!
The garden is getting tilled Friday.  YAY!  I can't wait to plant.  Better late than never, right?  Between the weather, and morning sickness, and then the kids had a stomach bug (that lasted over 2 weeks between the 5 of them...)...
I have chickies!  Alice hatched 11, though she is down to 7 (and one of those is in the brooder with a hurt leg).  Lost one to a water trough, 2 to weakness from birth (they were just never "right") and 2 to who knows what.  I also have 6 cornish cross in the tractor, 3 turkeys and 2 pullet chicks (6 weeks old or so) in the coop, and another 8 pullet chicks in the brooder.  And I need to find some more Polish Crested for the kiddos.
We have a beef calf, too.  He is about 6 weeks also, and quite happy.  Needs to be "steered" soon, though, and moved out to the back pasture.
 I think that is enough for now.  Hopefully can start blogging more, now that I found you!

No comments:

Post a Comment