random notes and chit chat from the insanity of our life

Peek into our life and see how crazy it can get with 6 kids, homeschooling, sewing, and now farming. We're in our first year on the land, and entertaining the world with what we don't know. By the grace of God, we're learning, day by day, so pull up a chair and laugh with us!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Crazy summer days

So, I haven't been posting much lately again.  Been busy with life, the kids, sewing (made myself 3 new skirts, among other things!).  And I'm not really sure my life is interesting enough to post about, you know?  But, here I am anywho, just waiting for the canner to boil.  Have a batch of what we are calling "wildberry" jam (because they grow wild, and we don't know if they are blackberries or boysenberries, lol) to seal.  Yum.  Kids went out picking.  Going to have to send them more often, till the season ends.  I would like to have a bunch of jam in the pantry.
Other than that, not much going on today.  With the big 4 out picking, I was elected to stay home with the little 2, so I made a quadruple batch of granola, and baked a cinnamon roll cake.  Just a nice day of cooking.  Made both in the Nesco, since it's too warm to use the oven.  Looking forward to cool weather coming, except that I'll miss the fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment